Ingredients (serve 4)
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (see note), shredded
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 100g Asian mixed salad leaves (see note)
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
Place beans in a food processor with the curry paste, shredded lime leaves, coriander leaves and spring onions and process just until the mixture comes together. Season with salt and pepper, then form the mixture into 5cm cakes.
Dust each bean cake lightly in flour. Heat the oil in a non-stick frypan over very high heat and cook the cakes for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
Serve the bean cakes on salad leaves drizzled with sweet chilli sauce