- 1½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 limes, zest only, plus wedges for garnish
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 6 chicken wings, cut in half through the joint
- 3 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced into rings
Prepare a barbecue for medium heat. In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, cayenne and paprika with 1 ½ teaspoons of salt. In a large bowl, mix the coriander, 2 tablespoons of the oil, butter and lime zest.
On a baking tray, combine the chicken pieces and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Toss to coat the chicken and generously sprinkle some of the spice mixture over the chicken. Barbecue the chicken pieces, turning as needed, until the chicken is caramelised and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes for the drumsticks and 10 to 15 minutes for the wings. Set aside to rest briefly.
Meanwhile, on a separate tray, coat the corn and onion slices with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle remaining spice mixture over the corn and onion. Barbecue the vegetables directly on the grill until tender and charred, 12 to 15 minutes for the corn and 6 minutes for the onions. Cut each corn cob into 4 pieces.
In the large bowl with the coriander mixture, add the chicken, corn and onion and toss to combine. Season the vegetables and chicken with salt and pepper and transfer to a platter. Serve with the lime wedges.