This salad gets a big tick from us – it’s low-kilojoule, great value and on the table in 5 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 barbecued chicken, shredded (see note)
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled, grated
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Place chicken, lettuce, carrot and celery in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
Place mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken mixture. Toss to combine. Season with pepper. Serve.
You’ll need 2 cups shredded chicken. You could spice up the coleslaw dressing by adding some sweet chilli sauce or finely-chopped, deseeded fresh chilli in step 2. For extra colour, add 1 cup of shredded red cabbage in step 1.