Wine-sautéed mushrooms will lend a touch of elegance to this succulent chicken breast meal.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 single chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the chicken in batches for 3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Place in the oven until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a little more oil in the frying pan and add the mushroom and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate, set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Return pan to heat.
- Add the wine and stock and simmer for 3 minutes. Mix together the corn flour and 1 tablespoon water until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add to the pan and stir until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Return the mushrooms and garlic to the pan, along with the green onions and parsley.
- To serve, divide the chicken among serving plates and top with the sauce.
- Serve with steamed vegetables.