Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce
- 1 red bird’s eye chili, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½ tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder of choice
- 500g lean beef mince
- 250g cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), deseeded, sliced
- 150g mushrooms, halved
- 1 bunch broccoli, trimmed, cut into short lengths
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
In a small bowl combine the soy and chili. Heat half the oil in a wok over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the mince and cook, tossing, for 4-5 minutes breaking up any lumps. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add remaining oil to the wok and stir-fry the cabbage, capsicum, mushrooms, broccoli and carrot for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
Return the mince to the wok along with the soy and chili. Toss until heated through. Remove from the heat and toss through the coriander. Serve immediately.