Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250g baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g zucchini (baby marrow), coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 100g reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 100g roasted red capsicum(bell pepper), finely chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm (base measurement) round cake pan. Place spinach in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 30 seconds. Refresh. Drain, squeezing excess liquid. Coarsely chop.
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir garlic for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Stir in zucchini (baby marrow) and lemon rind for 2 minutes or until zucchini is bright green. Cool.
Whisk eggs, egg whites, feta and parmesan in a bowl. Stir in zucchini mixture, spinach and two-thirds of chives. Pour into pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.
Combine the capsicum (bell pepper) and remaining chives in a bowl. Serve with the frittata.