Ingredients (4 servings)
- 220g lamb or beef strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Greek-Style Salad
- 6 handfuls spinach or rocket leaves
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 400g green beans, lightly cooked, drained and refreshed
- 2 tbsp capers
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 60g feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 tbsp pesto thinned with 2 tbsp olive oil, to dress
Rub meat with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy frypan over medium-high heat and sear lamb for 4 minutes each side. For medium-rare it should feel quite soft when you press the centre.
Remove from pan, cover with tin foil and a clean tea towel and allow to rest.
While meat rests, make Greek-Style Salad by placing spinach or rocket, spring onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, beans and capers in a salad bowl.
Slice meat thinly across the grain and add to salad along with meat juices from the board and lemon zest and juice. Toss to combine then sprinkle with feta cheese and drizzle with thinned pesto to serve.