Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1L (4 cups) Vegetable stock
- 1 x 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the carrot, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the stock and tomato and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Add the lentils and cannellini beans to the soup and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with armesan. Serve.