Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 400g pkt vegetable Mix
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 x 400g can Diced Tomatoes
- 500ml (2 cups) Vegetable Stock
- 500ml (2 cups) boiling water
- ¼ cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and vegetable mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the onion softens.
Add the lentils, tomato, stock and water to the pan. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, partially covered, for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetable mixture is just tender. Add the parsley and stir until well combined. Taste and season with pepper.
Ladle the soup among serving bowls and serve.