Ingredients (4 servings)
- 250g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock
- 1 x 400g can beans of choice, rinsed, drained
- Basil pesto, to serve
Shaved parmesan, to serve
Combine the mince, paprika and garlic in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Roll ½ tablespoons (or 2 teaspoons) of mince mixture into balls and place on a plate.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl.
Add the onion, carrot, celery and zucchini to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens and bring to the boil. Add the meatballs, tomato and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until soup thickens slightly. Add the beans and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with a spoonful of pesto and sprinkle with parmesan. Serve immediately.