Ingredients (8 servings)
- 5 red capsicums (bell peppers), quartered, deseeded
- 5 yellow capsicums (bell peppers), quartered, deseeded
- 125ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
- 4 anchovies fillets, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained, roughly chopped
Preheat a grill on high.
Place the capsicum pieces, skin-side up, under preheated grill and cook for 8-10 minutes or until charred and blistered. Transfer to a heatproof bowl, cover with a plate or foil and set aside for 10 minutes (this helps lift the skin). Peel the skin from the capsicum pieces and cut the flesh into 1cm-thick slices.
Place the capsicum slices, oil, oregano, anchovies, garlic and capers in a large serving bowl. Gently toss until combined. Transfer to an airtight container and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.