Ingredients (6 servings)
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large red capsicums (bell peppers), roughly chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis (baby marrows), halved lengthways, then thickly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 2cm cubes
- 400g sweet potato cut into 2cm cubes
- Olive oil spray
- 1¼ cups brown rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- 2 bunches coriander
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper and arrange onion, capsicum, zucchini, eggplant and sweet potato in a single layer on trays. Spray with olive oil. Roast for 30-40 mins, until soft and lightly browned. Rearrange during cooking so they cook evenly. Remove from oven and cool.
Meanwhile, cook rice in a a separate pot of boiling water for about 30 mins, or until tender. Drain well. Cook spices in a small, dry frying pan over low heat, stirring, for 1 min, until fragrant and toasted. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
Grease a 22cm spring form pan. Place rice in a large mixing bowl, add toasted spices and season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Add eggs and stir until evenly combined. Gently fold through roasted vegetables and tofu and spoon into prepared tin. Press in with the back of a spoon. Cook for 40 mins, until set and golden brown on top.
Place tomatoes on a tray lined with baking paper and cook for 20 mins, until tender.
To make coriander pesto, trim ends from coriander stems. Wash and dry coriander thoroughly. Place in a food processor, along with almonds, garlic, chilli and lemon juice. Process until coriander is roughly chopped. With motor still running, add the oil in a thin stream. Season to taste.
Serve pie warm or just at room temperature, topped with the roasted tomatoes and coriander leaves. Serve the pesto on the side.