A classic chicken recipe that will keep the crowds coming back for more.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 red pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 courgette, cut into chunks
- 1 small aubergine, cut into chunks
- 4 tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- few rosemary sprigs (optional)
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Lay all the vegetables and the tomatoes in a shallow roasting tin. Pour over the olive oil and give everything a good mix round until well coated (hands are easiest for this).
Put the chicken breasts, skin side up, on top of the vegetables and tuck in some rosemary sprigs, if using. Season everything with salt and black pepper and drizzle a little oil over the chicken. Roast for about 35 mins. until the vegetables are soft and the chicken is golden. Drizzle with oil before serving.