- 6 yellow button squash, quartered
- 2 small zucchini (baby marrow), halved, chopped
- 3 baby eggplants, halved, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 400g canned whole tomatoes
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 400g canned cannellini beans(black or kidney beans), rinsed, drained
- 1 cup loosely packed baby basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Toss squash, zucchini and eggplant in a roasting pan with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables for about 30 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large, deep fry pan over medium heat. Crush garlic clove and add to the pan with the onion. Cook for about 5 minutes or until soft. Add the tomato paste and stir for about 1 minute. Add the canned tomatoes and vinegar, pressing on the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon to break them up. Cook for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Stir in the cannellini beans and cook for a further minute until the beans have warmed through. Stir the roasted vegetables through the bean mixture and remove the pan from the heat. Serve.