Ingredients (4 servings)
- 800g beef chuck or blade steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground chilli
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika
- 4 cups (1L) Beef stock
- 2 x 400g cans whole tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- sour cream, to serve, if desired
Heat a little oil in a large deep frying pan or heatproof dish over medium high. Add the steak, and cook in batches for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
Return all the meat to the pan. Add the onion, cumin, coriander, chilli and paprika and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the stock and tomato. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 1¼ hours, stirring regularly. Uncover and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the meat is very tender.
Add the kidney beans and cook for another 10 minutes. Stir through the salt, pepper and coriander.
To serve, top with a dollop of sour cream if desired.