Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large zucchini (baby marrow), quartered lengthways
- 2 corn cobs, trimmed or (1 cup of frozen corn kernels)
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup beef liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup frozen peas
- fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Brush a chargrill with half the oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook zucchini and corn, turning occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Roughly chop zucchini. Cut kernels from cobs.
Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned.
Add tomato, tomato paste, stock and worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low. Add zucchini, corn and peas. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until peas are tender. Top with parsley. Serve with rice.