You have probably seen countless pills, patches, and potions that claim to make you lose weight.
But why are so many people opting for meal replacement shakes?
What’s the theory behind meal replacement shakes?
If you have tried losing weight you already know that weight loss works on the basis of burning more calories that we take in. This means that the body has to turn to its fat storage for fuel to keep it running. Over time this means that we burn enough fat to see the kilograms drop.
So theoretically, meal replacement shakes are an easy way to ensure that we stay within our daily calorie allowance for weight loss. Most plans allow for about 1,200-1,400 calories each day.
The key is sticking to such a strict eating plan…
How do I follow it?
It is really simple. Choose a meal replacement brand – the healthiest one is Manna Low GI Shake – and follow the instructions.
It is recommended that you replace one – or at maximum two – meals per day. Most people opt for breakfast and lunch as this is convenient for working people. It is key to then have a low calorie, healthy meal in the evening.
But don’t expect to lose 10kg in a week…
How much weight can I expect to lose with a meal replacement shake?
Although we all want to drink a shake, go to bed, and wake up skinny… this is not how it works. It is largely going to depend on how many calories you consume throughout the day.
Generally speaking, 1,200 to 1,400 calories per day should mean that you lose about 0.5kg to 1kg per week.
What are the pros?
- Short term weight loss. Most people find that shake-diets use just as well – if not better than – as traditional low-calorie diets. This means that you lose good, consistent amounts of weight while on the diet.
- Long term weight benefits. Apart from helping you to lose weight, in the beginning, shakes can also help you keep off the weight that you have lost. Obviously when you keep using the shakes once or twice a day.
- Meal replacement shakes are rather convenient. Especially if you are a working person and do not have the time in a day to prepare healthy meals 3 times a day. It also takes away the worry of having to count calories so carefully when making food.
What about the cons?
- They do not teach you your bad habits. Meal replacement shakes are a great way to help you eat healthier and count your calories. But they do not teach you about what to eat and what not to eat. This means that when you stop using the shakes, you might go back to eating unhealthy meals. This can then easily undo all the weight loss you have achieved.
- Meal replacement shakes are not a quick fix for weight loss. Most people think that they will drink shakes for 2 weeks and lose all the weight they want to. But you have to change your mindset. For shakes to really help you lose weight, you need to make healthy lifestyle choices. Incorporate meal replacement shakes into a plan of eating healthy and getting exercise, then you will see its real power.
Will meal replacement shakes work for me?
If you are looking for something fast, convenient, and healthy – meal replacement shakes are for you. You don’t have to think about making every meal. You don’t have to be too worried about the calorie content of your meals and snacks. And it is easy to maintain good portion control.
But meal replacement shakes are not for everybody…
Who won’t meal replacement shakes suit?
A meal replacement shake is not necessarily for somebody who likes different varieties of food in their diet, or who loves to cook. You of people may find them boring after a while.
This does not mean you cannot use them at all… You might just not use them as often as other people. We also recommend that you get meal replacement shakes in as many flavours as possible, as this will give you the most variety.
Are meal replacement shakes suitable for people with diabetes?
The short answer would be “yes”. But it is highly recommended that you speak to your doctor about any and all weight loss programs beforehand if you are diabetic. In some cases, an adjustment in your medication might be needed when starting a new diet.
Does the diet have any side effects?
You should not experience any side effects when following a meal replacement diet. The only problem some people experience is that they gain all the weight they have lost when they stop using the meal replacement shakes. However, this is not caused by the shakes, but rather by the way they start eating when they are not drinking the shakes.
You should maintain a healthy diet with balanced meals if you are not drinking meal replacement shakes.
Always keep the amount of calories you are eating in mind, as many people stray over their daily calorie allowance when they are not following a meal replacement shake plan.
What do the experts say?
Meal replacement shakes have been on the market for a while now. But until recently, health care professionals were sceptical about their use for weight loss.
Thanks to various studies, major health organisations like the National Obesity Forum, the British Dietetic Association and Dietitians in Obesity Management UK say that meal replacements can be used as an excellent alternative for traditional weight loss diet plans.
They also reckon it to be one of the best ways to maintain a healthy weight once it is reached, provided you do not fall back into bad eating habits and high-calorie diets.
As well as cutting calories in a controlled way, many nutrition experts think meal replacement diets are effective because they offer a structured plan and are the ultimate convenience food. Meal replacement shakes also take away the pressure of deciding what to eat for two meals each day.
The New Manna Low GI Shake
The new Manna Low GI Shake comprises of 6 ingredients which are high in fiber, protein, minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium. The shake has proved to help curb food cravings, suppress appetite, and satisfy you for longer.
We don’t use any artificial sweeteners or preservatives. The new Shake is gluten-free, lactose-free, Non-GMO, soy-free. Also, the shake is suitable for Vegan’s, Vegetarians and Diabetics.
We also recommend following the Manna Diet if you are serious about weight loss.
Manna Low GI Shake is formulated to allow you to skip a meal without losing the needed nutrients and energy. It also helps manage your blood sugar levels.
Benefits of the Manna Low GI Shake
- High in fiber
- Low GI
- Stops Cravings
- High Enough Nutritional Value to be regarded as a Meal Replacement
- The only shake which contains Essential Sugars (“Glyco-Nutrients”)
- Cholesterol Free
- Gluten Free
- Provides Energy, without Fattening
- Helps to Control Blood Sugar Levels
- Organic & Natural
See what our customers say about our NEW Manna Low GI Shake
“I’ve tried it with water, milk, yogurt and muesli and it comes out on top every time! The flavour is great, with no after taste. And I like the consistency of the powder in the container. It seems soft and the particles are separate, less likely to congeal.” – Paul von Wildenrath
“Thank you for the new Manna Shake in Strawberry, I received yesterday!! I had it for lunch and I was so happy that the flavour and texture as probably even better than the old Strawberry product!! I will definitely be ordering this again!! I will also tell my friends how Manna listened to their customers and resolved an issue.” – Marge
“I just had the new Chocolate shake with milk instead of yogurt… absolutely delicious!” – Joan