Healthy baked lemon chicken is served with creamy butter beans and sweet baby carrots for a complete family meal.
- 650g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 1 large lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2½ Tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 25g butter
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 bunch steamed baby carrots, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place chicken, lemon rind, ¼ cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of parsley, oil and salt and pepper in a large snap-lock bag. Seal bag and shake until chicken is coated in marinade.
- Lightly grease a ceramic baking dish. Place chicken, in a single layer, in dish. Pour over marinade from bag. Bake chicken for 18 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine beans, butter and sour cream in a saucepan. Using a potato masher, coarsely mash bean mixture. Place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in remaining parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with bean mash and steamed carrots.