Lighten up with this week’s winner of the food fight.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 (400g) lamb leg chops, trimmed
- olive oil cooking spray
- 80g baby rocket
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper), chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 425g can baby beets, drained, halved
- 60g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
Combine garlic and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add lamb. Season with salt and pepper. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray lamb with oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Combine rocket, capsicum onion, parsley, baby beets and remaining vinegar in a large bowl.
Cut lamb into 1cm-thick slices. Place rocket mixture on a serving plate. Top with lamb slices and feta. Serve.
For extra crunch, sprinkle salad with 1/2 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) in step 4.