Succulent tender steak is a great choice with mashed cannelini beans and steamed green beans.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 (about 150g each) beef sirloin / rump or fillet steaks
- 3½ tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 250g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ red bell pepper, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- ½ small onion, coarsely chopped
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
- Steamed green beans, to serve
Place the beef in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add 3 tbs of the vinegar and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
Combine the tomato, bell pepper, onion and remaining vinegar in a medium bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Preheat a chargrill pan on high. Lightly spray the beef with oil spray. Add to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the cannellini beans and cook, stirring and mashing with a fork, for 2-3 minutes or until coarsely mashed and heated through. Add the lemon juice and stir to combine. Taste and season with pepper. Add the parsley and stir to combine.
Spoon the cannellini mixture among serving plates. Top with steak and spoon over the tomato mixture. Serve with steamed green beans.