Skewers are a barbecue favorite, so tuck into these chicken and mint delights.
- 2 limes
- 2 long fresh green chilies, halved, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light olive oil
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 800g chicken fillets, cut into ±2cm pieces
- 1-2 tbs water
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
Finely grate the rind of the limes. Juice the limes. Place the lime rind, lime juice, chili garlic, oil, coriander and chopped mint in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to marinate.
Thread the chicken onto skewers. Brush with marinade.
Preheat a barbecue grill or char-grill on high. BBQ the skewers for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
Place the skewers on a serving plate. Top with mint leaves. Serve with lime wedges.