Ingredients (serves 4)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 red capsicum (bell pepper), quartered lengthways
- 3 zucchini (baby marrow), quartered lengthways
- 400g orange sweet potato, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 (200g each) porterhouse, sirloin or rump steaks, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, shredded
Preheat a barbecue grill on high heat. Lightly spray capsicum, zucchini and sweet potato with oil.
Cook capsicum, skin side down, on grill for 15 minutes or until charred. At the same time, cook zucchini and sweet potato for 7 minutes. Turn and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden and tender. Place capsicum in a snap-lock bag. Seal bag and stand for 5 minutes. Peel and discard charred skin. Cut capsicum flesh into strips. Set vegetables aside on a plate.
Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
Spray both sides of steaks with oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Place on a plate. Cover with foil and stand for 5 minutes. Combine vinegar, oil and salt and pepper in a jug.
Slice steak across the grain. Place vegetables on plates. Top with steak. Sprinkle with basil and drizzle with oil mixture. Serve.