Wait no more! It’s time to stalk beans!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (capsicum), thickly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper (capsicum), thickly sliced
- 2 medium baby marrow (zucchini), cut diagonally into 1cm-thick slices
- 100g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (optional)
Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C. Place bell peppers (capsicum), baby marrow (zucchini), mushrooms and onion in a large baking dish. Combine oil, vinegar and garlic in a bowl. Drizzle over vegetables. Toss to coat.
Roast for 20 minutes. Add tomatoes. Roast for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and tomatoes are starting to collapse.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Cook beans for 3 minutes or until bright green and just tender. Drain. Refresh in a bowl of iced water. Drain. Pat dry with paper towel.
Add beans to vegetable mixture. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Serves 6 as a side.