Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek (white part only), rinsed, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 410g canned crushed tomatoes
- 1.25L (5 cups) chicken stock
- 800g canned borlotti beans, drained, rinsed
- 16 cherry tomatoes, roasted
Heat the oil in a large saucepan with the leek, carrots and rosemary. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until the vegetables soften.
Add the tomato paste and cook for a further minute, then stir in the crushed tomatoes and stock.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, then add the borlotti beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Cool slightly, remove 2 cups of the soup and puree in a blender. Return to pan and stir with remaining soup.
Ladle into 4 bowls and place 4 roasted tomatoes in each.