Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons chilli powder
- 375g lean beef mince
- 1 x 410g cans diced tomatoes
- ½ cup salt-reduced beef stock
- 1 x 400g cans large kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 100g green beans, trimmed, chopped
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add cumin and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Add tomato and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, adding kidney beans and green beans for last 5 minutes of cooking.