Ingredients (serve 4)
- 1½ tablespoons Olive Oil
- 750g Round steak, trimmed and cubed
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cups beef stock
- 6 carrots, cut into wedges
- 400g diced tomatoes
- ½ cup green olives
- ¼ cup chopped preserved lemon (or zest and juice of 1 lemon)
- ½ cup chopped parsley, plus extra, to serve
- ½ cup coriander leaves
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large deep frying pan on high. Dust beef in flour. Cook, stirring 2-3 mins, until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
Heat remaining oil in same pan. Sauté leek and garlic for 1-2 mins. Stir in spices. Cook, stirring, 1-2 mins.
Return beef to pan with stock, carrots, tomatoes, olives, lemon and half the herbs. Season to taste and simmer, uncovered, 35-40 mins. Stir in remaining herbs. Sprinkle with extra parsley. Serve with salad.