Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 (about 350g each) eggplants, halved lengthways
- 1kg (4 cups) bolognaise sauce (see Bolognaise recipe)
- 150g (1 cup) frozen baby peas, just thawed
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh oregano leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Use a teaspoon to scoop the flesh from the eggplant halves, leaving a 1cm-thick border.
Place the bolognaise sauce, peas and feta in a large bowl and stir to combine. Spoon the bolognaise mixture evenly among the eggplant cavities. Place the stuffed eggplant in a large baking dish or roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 1 hour or until eggplant is tender. Sprinkle with oregano leaves and serve immediately.