Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g Diced Beef
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- ¾ cup (125g) seeded prunes, coarsely chopped
- 150g pkt Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Steamed baby carrots & broccoli, to serve
Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half the beef, and cook, turning, for 3-4 mins or until brown. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins or until fragrant.
Add the tomato and stock and bring to the boil. Return the beef to pan. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 mins. Add the prunes and simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 mins or until beef is tender and sauce thickens slightly. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until wilted.
Serve with baby carrots and broccoli.