Balanced Blood Sugar Levels means balanced Insulin Levels. If your blood sugar levels are under control due to…
- a Healthy Low GI diet
- Enough Sleep
- Enough clean, pure water
√ You will have much more energy
√ You will lose weight (burn fat)
√ You will be healthier
Blood sugar is nothing but the glucose in our blood, which acts as fuel for the body, and keeps it functioning. When the blood sugar in the body increases, it can lead to several health complications, most commonly diabetes.
But, how does blood sugar level affect the body weight?
The basic concept that most of us are aware of, is that when we eat more than what is required by our body, we put on weight. This is not entirely true as sugar level plays a vital role in weight gain by affecting our appetite and stamina.
Blood Sugar and Weight Loss
When we eat, digestible carbohydrates are converted to blood sugar. This glucose is required by cells for energy. Sugar is easily absorbed, but it cannot be used unless the pancreas secretes insulin. If we eat carbohydrate rich food, the body produces more glucose than what is needed by the body, and this raises the sugar levels in the body.
As a result, even the insulin produced is increased, so that all the glucose can be used for energy. All the glucose is stored in the form of glycogen, till you reach a point where no more can be stored.
The body feels that there is sufficient energy and hence starts accumulating fat in the body. Also an insulin surge makes the sugar level way too low, it doesn’t matter if you had enough for lunch, you are bound to feel hungry and tired. You will feel like eating something with a high sugar content and once you do so, the cycle will begin again. Eventually, high blood sugar is primarily responsible for increase in weight.
Regulating Blood Sugar Levels
Since, sugar levels affect your weight so drastically, what you need to do is regulate your blood sugar levels.
Watch what you eat, because many a time, people are not aware which food items have high sugar content and as a result, end up eating the wrong food. Several food items have been given glycemic index rankings.
This is to show how the food item affects the blood sugar. Food items with a high fiber content help in managing normal levels. They are digested slowly, thus the supply of glucose is constant and you will not feel hungry constantly. Visit the food GI Tables on the www.mannaplus.com site.
Some More Pointers to Nail Your Weight!
- Avoid eating food items that are high on the glycemic index. If you do eat it, have it in small quantities.
- Do not skip meals. If you starve, you are likely to feel more hungry and you will end up eating more than you normally do.
- Have small meals every few hours. In between meals, eat healthy snacks.
- Snacks with high fiber should be preferred.
- Eat a whole fruit instead of juice.
- Be careful when having processed food items like soup, ketchup and other ready to eat frozen food.
- Beverages like colas, soft drinks and sodas also have a high sugar content.
- Go easy, while having simple carbohydrates, as they are digested quickly. Simple carbohydrates include sugar in dairy products (lactose), fruit sugar (fructose) and table sugar (sucrose).
- Most products that claim to be fat free have a high quantity of sugar.
- Read labels of sugar free products before you buy them. They usually have sugar in some other form, which is equally bad for you.
The bottom line is to eat healthy. Once you understand which food items are good for you, try and include them in your diet. A healthy diet and regular exercise will go a long way in maintaining your blood sugar levels to help you achieve your desired body weight.
The Manna Blood Sugar Support caplets, taken with each meal will help you to control blood sugar levels to ease weight loss and increase energy levels.
The Manna Low GI Shakes, taken as a meal replacement is the ideal, all natural meal replacement for controlled sugar levels, to curb cravings and the help you eat less for faster weight loss.