Ingredients (serve 4)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.6kg whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 8 French shallots, peeled
- 250ml (1 cup) dry sherry (optional)
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 175g (1 cup) kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in a casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, turning, for 6 minutes or until brown. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat. Pour over sherry (optional) and stock.
Add the olives, capers and garlic. Sprinkle with paprika, oregano and thyme. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover. Bake for a further 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.