Whether you’re trying to lose weight or just wanting to maintain your sleek physique, boosting your metabolism to a higher rate is always a good idea. There are several ways to give your metabolism an extra push – including exercising early in the day – but eating the correct food and taking dietary supplements can play a huge role in increasing metabolism.
Increasing your metabolism means your body burns calories at a higher rate. So if your metabolism is high, it’s burning calories even when you aren’t exercising. A sluggish metabolism can cause you to gain weight, because you’re consuming more than your body is burning.
Here are ways to boost your metabolism, so you can burn fat fast:
- The first thing you need to do is add breakfast to your daily meal planner. Although many people don’t like eating breakfast, it gives your body the rev up it needs to launch your metabolism. If you don’t have time for breakfast, a quick Manna Low GI Shake is the ideal to give your day a good start.
- Another way to increase your metabolism is to add spices to your food. According to the U.S. Agricultural Research Service, Cinnamon is one spice that increases your metabolism twentyfold – and all you have to ingest is a mere ¼ to 1 tsp per day.
- While you’re planning your meals, you may want to add kiwi fruit to your diet. Kiwis pack a lot of vitamin C, but if you add 500 mg of it to your day, you burn up to 39% more fat when you’re exercising. Don’t get too much C, though, because once you get to the 2,000 mg mark, you start experiencing adverse effects like bloating, gas, and diarrhea.
- Another metabolism boosting measure is to watch what you drink. Adding ice to a drink makes your body work harder because it has to heat it up in your stomach, which increases your metabolism. Also, ingesting a caffeine drink like coffee or tea can raise your heart rate and increase your metabolism. (this is coffee or tea without sugar or sweetener)
- You need sun! The Vitamin D which you get from sunlight boosts your metabolism and also helps you increase bone and muscle strength.
- Make sure you’re getting enough chromium in your diet to help your body burn more calories. Chromium, which is found in tomatoes and in a supplement form, also boosts the way you burn fat. According to MedlinePlus, meat, eggs, green pepper, apples, banana and spinach are also good sources of chromium. When you supplement 120 mcg of chromium daily, your body benefits by revving up its metabolism.
- If you really want to kick-start your metabolism, you may also try dividing your meals up into smaller portions that you eat more often throughout the day. Every time you eat, it helps your metabolism rise, so as strange as it may sound, eating frequently can help you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. See the Manna Diet for more details.
- Supplement with the Manna FAT Burner. This dietary supplement was formulated with special herbal ingredients to help increase metabolism without any side effect. Take the caplets with your food and you will experience the difference.
NOTE: If you cannot lose weight, no matter what you do, then you might have a gut health problem. When digestive bacteria has been damaged due to high levels of stress, antibiotics or any other chemical medication, you will struggle to lose weight unless you reinstate healthy bacteria with a very good probiotic, like the Manna GUT Support.