- 2 large orange sweet potatoes (see Notes)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 medium brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 75g blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Place sweet potatoes on a baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Add sugar and vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until caramelised. Stir in rosemary. Remove from heat. Cover to keep warm.
Preheat grill on high. Cut a slit down the length of each potato, leaving the base intact. Return to baking tray. Top with onion mixture and crumble over cheese. Grill for 1 minute or until cheese is just beginning to melt. Serve sprinkled with thyme.