Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g chicken fillets, halved
- 1 brown onion, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1/3 cup curry paste of choice
- 410g can finely chopped tomatoes with tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup pure cream
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 80g baby spinach
- Steamed basmati or brown rice, to serve
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, garlic and ginger to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add curry paste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Return chicken to pan. Add tomato and 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Add peas, cream and yoghurt. Stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes or until peas are tender. Stir in spinach until just wilted. Serve with rice.