This recipe is one of those classic meals perfect for a quiet family dinner.
- 500g Tomatoes, whole, peeled, canned
- 1 cup chicken broth (chicken stock)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper , coarsely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves , minced
- 2 medium zucchini , coarsely chopped (or 6 marrow squash, sliced)
- 1 pinch black pepper , freshly ground, to taste (optional)
- 1 pinch salt , to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp fresh basil , minced
- 600g boneless skinless chicken breasts , cooked and cubed into 2 inch sized pieces
Drain liquid from canned tomatoes into a pot. Chop tomatoes and set aside.
Add the broth, green pepper, and garlic to pot with tomato liquid and boil at a medium heat for 10 minutes
Add in the chopped tomatoes, zucchini (or marrow squash), pepper, salt, and basil.
Let the ingredients sit until the zucchini is tender (should take about 10 minutes).
Turn the heat down to low and add in the chicken. Cook for another 5 minutes and serve.