Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 chicken boneless breast halves (with skin or without)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 125g of small mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped shallots
- ¼ cup Port wine
- 375g plum tomatoes, cored and quartered, or 375g cherry tomatoes, cut in half (about 2 cups)
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Drop garlic into a small saucepan of boiling water, cook for 5 minutes, set aside.
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet and add chicken pieces. Cook over medium high heat until lightly browned on one side, about 1 minute. Turn and cook about 1 minute on the second side. Add mushrooms and cook, turning chicken occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Add shallots and the garlic cloves. Add Port wine, tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken and tomatoes to a warm platter. Cook sauce down a minute or two. Pour onto chicken.