- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), quartered, deseeded,
- 1 yellow bell pepper (capsicum), quartered, deseeded
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1.5kg chicken thigh pieces, excess fat trimmed
- 2 brown onions, halved, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 125ml (½ cup) white wine
- 1 x 660ml btl passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 80g (½ cup) pitted black olives
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat grill on high. Place combined capsicum, skin-side up, under grill and cook for 8-10 minutes or until charred and blistered. Transfer to a sealed plastic bag. Set aside for 10 minutes (this helps lift the skin). Remove the skin from the capsicum and cut the flesh into thick strips.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a large baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Add the capsicum, passata, stock and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in olives. Serve with mixed salad leaves.
Nutritional Value (per serving)
Fat saturated 7.50g
Fat Total 30.00g
Carbohydrate sugars – 0
Carbohydrate Total 29.00g
Dietary Fibre 7.00g
Cholesterol – 0
Sodium – 0