Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 400g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 thyme sprigs or ½ tsp dried
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 600ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 x 400g cans haricot beans, drained
- chopped parsley, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chicken, then fry until lightly browned. Add the veg, then fry for a few mins more. Stir in the herbs and stock. Bring to the boil. Stir well, reduce the heat, then cover and cook for 40 mins, until the chicken is tender.
Stir the beans into the pan, then simmer for 5 mins. Stir in the parsley and serve with wholegrain or Rye bread.