Kick the week off in a healthy way with this low-fat, spicy chicken dish for dinner.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 single chicken breast fillets
- 2 tsp piri-piri seasoning
- Olive oil spray
- ¼ cup (70g) reduced fat natural yogurt, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils or chickpeas, low sodium, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup (45g) currants or pitted raisins
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup shredded fresh mint
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the piri piri seasoning. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil. Heat over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes each side or until cooked through.
Whisk the yogurt and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth.
Place the lentils, currants (raisins), parsley and mint in a large bowl. Stir in the yogurt dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Cut the chicken into thick slices and serve on the lentil salad with lemon wedges and some extra yogurt.