Ingredients (serves 4 – 8)
- 500g green beans fresh or frozen cut into ± 25mm pieces (if fresh, remove ends, if frozen get pre-cut)
- 500g button mushrooms thickly sliced
- ½ cup onions chopped
- 2 Tbs butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Put 2 liter of water, salted with 1 tbsp of salt, in a pot to boil while you cut the mushrooms and onions.
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the mushrooms to the pan and dry sauté them until they begin to release their water. Sprinkle them with a little salt. Once they have released most of their water, remove them to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water, and time them for 5 minutes, or until just tender. (No need to defrost frozen beans.)
- Add butter to the hot sauté pan. Once the butter has melted, add the onions. Cook until the onions are beginning to brown.
- As soon as the green beans are cooked just tender, strain them. Add the mushrooms to the pan with the onions, then add the green beans.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the sour cream. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.