Candida is a type of yeast microorganism that lives in your bowels, and it can be activated due to various causes. When this happens, it causes a Candida overgrowth.
An overgrowth of candida can lead to various other health issues, including: thrush, abdominal bloating, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression and IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
Some common symptoms of a candida overgrowth may include:
- Cravings for refined carbohydrates such as bread, alcohol or sugar.
- Vaginal discharge, urinary tract infection, constipation or diarrhea.
- Brain fog or other memory problems.
- A weakened immune system.
- Frequent urination.
- A low sex drive.
The first step when dealing with a candida overgrowth is to make sure your dieting habits are in order. You can make small adjustments to improve your diet and help you get on the right track:
- Eat plenty of healthy fats such as fish oil, extra virgin olive oil, organic raw butter and extra virgin coconut oil.
- Increase your vegetable intake, preferably steamed or raw if possible. (Avoid beets and carrots, they have a high sugar content.)
- Eat fresh fruits – grapefruit, apples and berries are the best.
- Drink plenty of filtered or purified water.
- Avoid any sweetened drinks, including fruit juices as they contain loads of sugar.
- All forms of sugar and refined carbohydrates need to be eliminated, as candida thrives on it. Limit yourself to whole grains like oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa and millet.
For a simple, healthy and effective solution to your candida problem, download the free Manna Candida e-book and follow the program (diet). Take the Manna Candida Support and the Manna GUT Support supplements with the diet to overcome Candida in most effective way.