Healthy gastrointestinal function is central to overall well-being. Effective processing and delivery of nutrients makes a critical difference in our long-term health, so it is very important to ensure proper gastrointestinal function at an early age.
Digestive disturbances and skin conditions are a problem for many adults and children. Testing to identify the underlying cause of these conditions typically includes:
- Stool analysis to check for imbalances between healthy and abnormal bacteria, yeast or parasites;
- Food and environmental allergy testing; and
- Evaluation of nutrition including fatty acids, minerals, vitamins, and amino acids.
The following Symptoms are related to impaired digestive health:
- The underlying cause of gas, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea and constipation
- Gut dysbiosis and inflammation causing digestive deficiencies which can lead to chronic skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis
- Lactose intolerance
- Bacterial and yeast overgrowth
- Chronic digestive dysfunction that may develop into leaky gut, food allergies, toxic stress and systemic autoimmune reactions including allergies, asthma and behavioural problems
- High toxic burden levels
- The presence of parasites
Dietary changes, supplementation and correction of dysbiosis using herbs and select medications are used to correct these imbalances. Correcting digestive problems in adults and children has a positive impact on both digestion and the skin, as the skin is a reflection of what is happening internally. Ensuring toxins are properly removed from the body and nutrients required for healthy skin can be absorbed, eczema and psoriasis can be effectively treated.
Through the elimination of allergens, fortifying the digestive system and topical skin treatments we had significant success in reversing eczema and psoriasis. Mild to severe cases have been treated.
What we recommend
As bacterial and yeast overgrowth thrives on glucose, we recommend a healthy diet which help to decrease and even eliminate refined carbohydrates and sugar for a certain period, because you need to cut the fuel supply to the “bad” bacteria.
We also recommend the Manna GUT Support to reinstate healthy bacteria and digestive enzymes to recover the health of the digestive tract.
As a topical, we recommend the Natural Balance Psoriasis Gel. This gel with its unique formulation of essential oils can penetrate the affected areas on the skin for effective relief of any discomfort.