Fish cooks over a bed of lemon and fresh herbs to infuse it with flavor and keep the fish tender and moist. We like a blend of thyme, tarragon and oregano, but any of your favorite herbs will work.
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced, plus 1 lemon cut into wedges for garnish
- 20 to 30 sprigs mixed fresh herbs plus 2 tablespoons chopped, divided
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 500g fish (salmon, hake or any other fish of your choice to grill)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Lay two 9-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil on top of each other and place on a rimless baking sheet.
- Arrange lemon slices in two layers in the center of the foil.
- Spread herb sprigs over the lemons.
- With the side of a chef’s knife, mash garlic with salt to form a paste.
- Transfer to a small dish and stir in mustard and the remaining 2 tablespoons chopped herbs. Spread the mixture over both sides of the fish.
- Place the fish on the herb sprigs.
- Slide the foil and fish off the baking sheet onto the grill without disturbing the fish-lemon stack.
- Cover the grill; cook until the fish is done in the center, 18-24 minutes.
- Wearing oven mitts, carefully transfer foil and fish back onto the baking sheet.
- Cut the fish into 4 portions and serve with lemon wedges (discard herb sprigs and lemon slices).