Feed a crowd with these true blue grilled lamb cutlets.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 tbs currants or sultanas
- 12 trimmed lamb cutlets
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs pitted olives, quartered
- 1 tbs salted capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 tbs mint leaves, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
White bean puree
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup (60ml) low-fat milk
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp paprika, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Soak currants or sultanas in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, for the bean puree, place the beans and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until just below boiling point. Cool slightly, then transfer to a blender or food processor and whiz for 2 minutes until smooth and light. Add lemon juice, garlic, paprika, 2 teaspoons olive oil and some salt and pepper, then whiz for 1 minute or until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat a lightly oiled chargrill pan or barbecue to medium-high. Season lamb and scatter with oregano. Grill for 2-3 minutes until charred. Turn and cook for 2 minutes until pink in the center (or until cooked to your liking). Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, olives, capers, mint and soaked currants. Season and set aside.
- Drizzle lamb with dressing, then garnish with mint leaves. Spoon bean puree into a bowl, sprinkle with paprika, drizzle with remaining oil, then serve with the lamb.