With mouth-watering smokiness, this bean salad wins for health and taste.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 60ml (¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 250g tomato Medley Mix, halved olive oil spray
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 500g green round beans, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tbs chopped fresh continental parsley
Combine the oil, vinegar, cumin and paprika in a small jug. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside until required.
Preheat a chargrill or barbecue grill on high. Spray the tomato with oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Transfer to a bowl. Cook the onion, turning, for 6-8 minutes or until charred and soft.
Cook the green beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. drain and refresh under cold running water. transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomato, onion, kidney beans and parsley. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Serves 10 as a side.