Ingredients (Make 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (about 500g) zucchini (baby marrow), halved lengthways, cut crossways into 2cm-thick slices
- 2 red capsicums (bell pepper), halved, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large (about 500g) eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, halved, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 125ml (½ cup) water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the zucchini, capsicum, eggplant, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
Add the tomato and water to the pan and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.