Concerned about the fat content of your family meals? Worry no more with this quick Indian spiced chicken recipe.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon masala
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ¾ cup fat free yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (550g) chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium English cucumber, cut into ribbons
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine garlic, turmeric, marsala, coriander, 1/4 cup yogurt and half the lemon juice in a bowl. Add chicken. Turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, if time permits.
- Place tomato, onion and remaining lemon juice in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Cook chicken fillets, for 4 to 5 minutes each side, or until just cooked through. Place chicken on plates.
- Top with cucumber ribbons, tomato mixture and coriander leaves.
- Serve with remaining yogurt and lemon wedges.