Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup curry paste of choice
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup red lentils, rinsed
- ¼ cup pearl barley, washed
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste. Stir to combine.
Stir in stock, tomato, lentils and barley. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until barley is tender. Divide between bowls. Top with coriander.