A stubborn inability to lose weight because of insulin resistance is a complicated but common problem.
When overweight and can’t seem to lose weight no matter what they try. The problem may not lie in calorie counts but when the body’s cells are resistant to insulin, it is impossible to burn fat.
Insulin resistance is when the body no longer use the hormone insulin properly to process the food that’s eaten. Net result: The body hangs on tight to the fat that’s already there.
Warning Signs of Insulin Resistance
This kind of stubborn fat doesn’t happen in isolation. The difficulty losing weight almost always occurs along with most of the following warning signs that you may be insulin resistant:
- Weight gain centered in the middle – “belly fat” – measuring greater than 40 inches for a man or 35 inches for a woman
- A body mass index (BMI) in the overweight or obese zones
- A tendency to crave carbohydrates (as the starving cells tell the brain to give you more, more, more!)
- Frequent fatigue, especially right after eating
- Foggy thinking (because glucose is the preferred energy source for the brain, and the brain’s cells, too, are starving for glucose)
- High glucose levels, as measured by a pharmacy sister
- High fasting and timed insulin levels, this can be measured with a blood test at your doctor.
- High blood pressure (135/85 or above)
- Low levels of “good” cholesterol – HDl (HDl levels should be 1.6 mmol/L and above)
- High triglyceride levels (border line triglyceride levels are 1.7 to 2.2 mmol/L – Desired levels should be below 1.7 mmol/L)
Together, this constellation of symptoms is known as “metabolic syndrome,” or “syndrome X.” Even though there seems to be a genetic predisposition for some people, insulin resistance that leads to type 2 diabetes largely depends on lifestyle. Anyone can eat his or her way to diabetes.
What Can Help This Stubborn Weight Come off
The good news is that you can reverse even this super-stubborn weight loss associated with pre-diabetes. It’s all about insulin management through blood sugar control with what you eat and whether you exercise.
Change your lifestyle today with the Manna Weight Loss Program as described in the free e-book.
Take the Manna Blood Sugar Support supplement with each meal to control blood sugar levels, curb cravings and suppress appetite, helping the body to reduce insulin levels and to reverse insulin resistance.