Ingredients (4 servings)
- 750g beef mince
- 55g (¾ cup) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 150g bought chargrilled capsicum (bell pepper), drained, thinly sliced
- 40g (¼ cup) pitted olives, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely shredded fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 red onion, halved, finely chopped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh basil, extra
- 1 x ±120g pkt salad leaves
Combine the beef mince, breadcrumbs, capsicum, olives, basil, garlic, egg and half the onion in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the mince mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into 5cm patties.
Preheat a barbecue plate or large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 4 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
Meanwhile, combine tomato, oil, extra basil and remaining onion in a bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Divide the salad leaves among serving plates. Top with rissoles and salsa.