Ingredients (serve 4)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 100g pancetta or bacon, chopped (optional)
- 2½ cups cooked tomato sauce (see related recipe)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- ¾ cup black or green olives
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery and pancetta (optional).
Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until celery is tender. Stir in tomato sauce and wine or stock. Bring to the boil.
Place chicken into a shallow 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish in a single layer. Pour over hot sauce. Press lemon wedges and olives into sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.